Friday 23 January 2015

European Tour

Since I'm going to be in Europe for 2 months, I've decided I wanted to take some trips to some other countries since i'm so close. 
One thing I love about Europe is that you can easily travel to other countries and it won't make a big dent in your pocket.

Currently, I'm spending 4 days in England with some family and I only spent 86€ which is about $150 CAD, which is amazing because flying to another province in Canada is about $300+ CAD and that is all in the same land mass.
Because of the travel airlines like Easy Jet, people can travel all over Europe for very cheap. 
You can choose just to bring a carry-on which is free or choose to pay a couple more dollars to get a checked bag.

Another example of how easy and cheap it is to travel around Europe, is a couple of  girls who i'm studying with in France and I  decided we want to go to Barcelona, Spain. 
We searched for a good deal and was able to get a flight for 4 day at 137£, i'm sure if we tried looking earlier we would have got a cheaper flight, but that is equivalent to $250 CAD.
That makes two plane ticket for under $400 CAD for two different countries.

Taking a plane isn't the only way to travel and get around Europe. A lot of my fellow classmates decided to take the bus, rent cars and also take the EuroRail train to travel to different countries in Europe, and all at a reasonable price.

This is something I wish the Canadian government would do, and consider. If it was cheaper to travel to different provinces in the country i'm sure a lot more people would travel out to those places, just as they do in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment